I just returned from the 2011 annual meeting of the American Association of Museums in Houston, TX. I visited museums, talked with numerous colleagues and sat through several amazing sessions. I also sat through several really boring sessions. The thing I’m taking away from my time there is a reading list. There were so many great thinkers present and I look forward to delving deeper into some of their ideas:
- Ignite the Power of Art by Bonnie Pittman.
- The Chronicle of Philanthropy’s Week in Philanthropy E-newsletter.
- Nina Simon’s The Participatory Museum.
- The Convivial Museum by Kathleen McLean and Wendy Pollock.
- AAMD Strategic Plan by Lord Cultural Resources once it is up and online and Artists, Patrons, and the Public: Why Culture Changes by Barry Lord and Gail Dexter Lord.
Some great late-night reading ahead!